[nabs-l] Blind Guy on American Idol

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:37:31 UTC 2009

Hi all,

For what it's worth, I do vaguely know Scott from growing up in
Arizona, since we're about the same age and have the same eye
condition (Lebers) although we didn't cross paths much. He seems like
a bright and talented guy with a good attitude, although since he has
a lot of usable vision, I'm not sure how much he identifies with being
blind. I don't think he has any "physical challenges" other than
blindness, but of course in such a competition there can be the
temptation to emphasize the challenges in one's life so as to stand
out from the crowd.

Arielle