[nabs-l] Commission for the Blind rejected funding for CCB

Al Spooner aspooner at blindinc.org
Thu Jan 22 00:32:57 UTC 2009

Hi Liz,

I hear these words of yours way too often, from many other throughout the
country, and it really frustrates me how too many VR counselors do this.
I can say this though, if you are interested in attending one of our NFB
centers, please contact the center of your choice, and explain your
situation.  We have good people at all three centers that deal with this
kind of stuff on a regular basis, and can probably help.  In addition, we
can also put you in touch with the appropriate NFB member in your state to
help advocate on your behalf.  Sometimes it takes a few of us together as a
team to get a clear message across to your counselor, but if you're willing
to do this, we are willing to assist.

Al Spooner
Assistant Director
Outreach and Marketing
Blindness Learning In New Dimensions, Incorporated (BLIND, Incorporated)
100 East 22nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Office: 612-872-0100
Toll Free: 800-597-9558