[nabs-l] Stupid Question

Linda Stover liamskitten at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 09:34:10 UTC 2009

Jo,

>From what I can gather, each method has its own particular obstacles.
I use a walker, so that's the only method I can speak about with any
sort of authenticity.  We use our particular devices, along with a
cane.  There really isn't much difference in traveling, as far as I
can think of, except that whereas you're simply walking with the cane,
we have a bit more baggage because of the walker/wheelchair.

Crossing streets in a walker/wheelchair alone safely for a beginner
can be difficult (as I learned the hard way some months ago)  The key
is developing speed; you've got to be able to move as quickly as other
people, despite the the fact that this can sometimes be difficult,
depending on your condition.  I could go on about this for ages, but
that's the basic jist.  If you've got more questions, I'd be more than
happy to answer them.  And be careful and try not too join us to soon
*grin*
Courtney