[nabs-l] netbook replacing notetakers

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:25:07 UTC 2009

I also see the netbook surpassing the Braille note taker; however, I
don't understand how one is going to do math as easily on the
laptop/netbook as they would on a Braille notetaker.  I have never used
a Braille display on a computer before, and perhaps it is possible this
way, but I find it easier to input math with a Perkins-style keyboard on
a note taker.  Would the Braille displays with the Perkins keyboards be
an equal substitute?  with the battery life of the newer EEEPC netbooks
from Asus I can very well see them being used as replacements for note
takers.

Robby