[nabs-l] JAWS, Windows 7, and VMWare Fusion

Rob Lambert rmlambert1987 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 08:50:38 UTC 2009

JAWS runs fine under VMWare. I just need to get those gaps in the command structure filled due to the shortcomings of the keyboard. I have yet to try Window Eyes. I will say this though: DO NOT attempt to run MAGic or Zoom Text or any magnifier other than the one in the Ease of Access Center that Microsoft provides. MAGic will NOT work because the graphics chip set in the MacBook is not powerful enough (it's an Intel GMA 3100 Integrated). ZoomText is interesting - one word: Blocks. Everything looks blocky or snake-like. In otherwords: If you are focused on the start button, and you move your cursor up, several start buttons will follow the cursor, creating a pile of them. As far as screen readers, though, JAWS is fine.