[nabs-l] netbook replacing notetakers

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:38:35 UTC 2009

I type 85 words per minute on a standard keyboard and can't manage
more than about 12 on the Acer.

Consequently, I use one of the aforementioned ultralights that have a
high price tag but a real keyboard.  Usability and carry weight were
more important to me than cost.  Since I can and do use
magnification as well as speech, the full-sized screen is a plus.
The MacBook Air cost me about $1550 at the time, a significant
discount, but still right up there with a top of the line laptop.

Only, this thing is only slightly more powerful than the average
netbook--it's just got a real keyboard and screen, and it takes up
almost no space in a book bag.  Most importantly, since I walk
everywhere I go, it doesn't add additional weight to the book bag.

Joseph