[nabs-l] Behavior of Membership

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 12 23:36:50 UTC 2009

Jeanie,

Were you running in the election?  What was your role if any?
I was not at convention so this is news to me.  Its unfortunate that
students were rude not only in the election but while speakers were
presenting.  What happened?
Were they speaking and having side conversations?

One thing that bothers me about NFB conventions is the behavior of the
members.  So this isn't just a nabs thing.  Audience members have side
conversations while speakers present.  Cell phones go off and this disrupts
the presentation.  In discussions sometimes people have been cut off by each
other.  I don't know what the rude and unruly behavior was you refer to.
Let's just hope though that they learn from their mistakes and behave in a
more curteous way next time.  Any one can walk into the meeting and it
should present a positive image of us acting respectfully and carrying out
things in an age appropriate manner.

Ashley