[nabs-l] Behavior...

JMassay jmassay1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 13 20:59:14 UTC 2009

Ashley,

Hello. I was not running the election. I ran, once, for a numbered board
position and didn't win. That is not a problem for me., Additionally, I do
feel that everyone has a right to their voice but many of the voices at the
NABS meeting and election could not be heard above the din of others. Many
people were carrying on side conversations, others were just plain rude:
booing and talking very loudly. I strongly feel that we need to show an
elevated level of class and decorum. I agree with whoever else mentioned the
fact that anyone new could have been scared off and put off by the display
of our membership.

So.that being said. We do need to speak with a unified voice.  There is
unity in diversity. Everyone is allowed to have a voice and everyone
deserves to be treated with dignity. We have a lot of work to do and
regardless of whether you have, or don't, a title with regard to the
organization, if you are a part of the blind movement, you are a part of the
blind movement and will rise above to change what it means to be blind.

Jeannie