[nabs-l] Behavior...

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:48:46 UTC 2009

Jeannie,

Unfortunately, it's starting to look like certain people are not
welcome to contribute unless they sit down and shut up.  That's
funny, since the number one complaint about the election is an
attempt to silence dissent.

Those who are not silent about what happened (including those who
call for looking forward) are being attacked and disregarded by the
new board.

There will be no going forward as long as the new board perpetuates
the very actions they would never allow.  I tried to stop this before
it got started, but the board has shaken even my faith.  I do not
believe Arielle genuinely wants to fix anything for next time,
because she emphatically denies there is anything to fix this time.
Nijat went further in telling those that believe the election was
mishandled that there's nothing they could do about it anyway.

The arrogance of the new board is appalling and they've been in
office less than two weeks.  I can no longer advocate moving forward
with this board with a clear conscience because thus far it seems to
have no conscience of its own.  Neither can I advocate the measures I
tried to prevent, because I still think they may only do harm.

In a nutshell: Have fun, everyone.  I'm sitting this one out until I
see some evidence that our board has enough integrity to admit that
there were serious issues in our last election that warrant careful
consideration for the future.  In the meantime, I have nothing else
to say, except that I am ashamed of NABS and its board.

Joseph