[nabs-l] living in a sighted world

Teal Bloodworth tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 04:14:56 UTC 2009

actually it is kind of funny that you say you work there and are teaching
them. I find that people who use the adaptive technology are going to be
alittle more fluent with how to use it, like many other things. Actually a
man at the kentucky office for the blind in louisville, mario island is one
of the best users of jaws that i have ever met and my local A/T instructor
calls me every once in awhile to ask questions and says that i know jaws
better than her and i really have only been working with it for about a
year.

As for you....i know myspace very well and can navigate with simple key
strokes if anyone ever has a question. Actually most websites have become
alittle more accessable. and as for the original topic, i agree with you
100%. I love it when people are interested and ask questions like what do
you miss the most about having sight, is it harder for you to do school work
and i also love it when they compare how strong they are to how strong i am
because i have taken what i was given so well and succeeded. People are very
hateful, yes, but you have to give some of them a chance because they just
dont know how to help/not help or how to act. Yes some people are disgusted
by us because of our "special treatment" or alittle more attention and help
but they really just dont understand it or are jealous of our success.

            -Teal