[nabs-l] Update from Youth Slam

Kevin Ledford cowboy0210 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:23:41 UTC 2009

Greetings and good afternoon fellow NABSters,

Just wanted to say hello and hope everyone is having a wonderful beginning
to their week. Today was our first full day here at Youth Slam and so far
for myself and my mentees, it has been an awesome day! Last night we got to
hear remarks from NFB Jernigan Institute Executive Director Mark Riccobono,
Karen Zakhnini, Georgia Affiliate President Anil Lewis, NABS President
Arielle Silverman, Mary Jo Thorpe-Hartle and many others welcoming all the
fine students here to Youth Slam. It was a very long day but such an awesome
start to the week!

This morning, we had the privilege to hear from Dr. Maurer and others also
welcoming us and helping to get the week kicked off in the right direction!
We are just now finishing our track activities for the day and will be
attending the bbq and activities in the quad.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. For those unable to attend we are
missing you and wishing you the best!

Who are we? N F B !!!!!

--
Best Regards,

Kevin D. Ledford

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

- John Wooden