[nabs-l] Kindel DX

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Wed Jun 3 01:26:01 UTC 2009

Jim,

I noticed how quick you were to ask Carol how the NfB plans to handle
the Kindel problem at universities. I also noticed how you implied that
she may be deceiving students on this list by not specifically and
explicitly stating how the problem might be solved. I personally found
your tone offensive because of how harsh and attacking it sounded to me.

I'm not Carol, and I certainly have no intension of speaking on her
behalf. However, I will say that as a member of the NfB, our intension
is never to deceive anyone. You're probably right that we may wind up
persuing litigation to insure accessibility to blind college students.
Naturally, I'm sure that we will try any other method of advocay we
can, but we need real honest cases of how the new technology is
currently affecting blind students today.

Whether we're able to resolve the conflict through advocacy alone, or
whether we use litigation to do it, I know you wouldn't be sorry we did
it should you find yourself at a university or work place using this
technology and you haven't the sufficient vision to utilize it.

Respectfully,
Jedi