[nabs-l] math textbook question

sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Wed Jun 10 04:00:45 UTC 2009

Hi Rachel,
I'm shocked your school won't pay for this. Transcription of books is
far too expensive for students to handle themselves. Having a reader
will not suffice for math; I tried it and it doesn't work. Not for
visual things like diagrams, and equations can get complicated and so
reading them in Braille would be most ideal. Do you need this
immediately? It will take time to be brailled, so I would recommend
talking with your professors ASAP about this issue so they can
accommodate you.
I hope it works out.
Sarah