[nabs-l] Air Canada challenges deaf, blind man's right to travelalone; Burnaby

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Wed Jun 10 04:47:11 UTC 2009

Does anyone still have that video?

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Jedi
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:12 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Air Canada challenges deaf, blind man's right to
travelalone; Burnaby

Not so. We tested a blind person's ability level in emergency exits long ago
using all blind participants in a grounded airplane. We even took video. We
found that the blind were as fast as their sighted counterparts. Actually,
we found that airline attendants slowed some of us up some just by being in
the way. Referenced from Walking Alone and Marching Together.

Respectfully Submitted