[nabs-l] Adobie Reader 9

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Jun 13 10:57:33 UTC 2009

In addition to what Dave points out, some OCR packages are able to extract text from such PDF documents directly.
OmniPage has this ability as does K-1000.  Others do as well but I'm less familiar with how they work.  If you have one of
these packages, you won't need to physically print and
scan the document to read it.

If you are a student and these documents are coming from your college or school, you should mention this problem.  The
"empty document" problem comes from how the PDF's were originally created.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson