[nabs-l] mobility questions

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 13 15:48:58 UTC 2009

Hi Amy,
I struggle with the same thing.  When going to a new area it takes lots of
repetition and practice to learn my way.  As you travel look for landmarks.
Maybe a GPS or tactile map of the area will help.  You could have a reader
or someone make you a tactile map using graphing tape or whatever works for
you.
I'd say have someone show you who you feel comfortable with.
Try family first since they're more available.  Mobility instructors have
high caseloads and can't see you often.
But if family doesn't work then yes go with a mobility instructor.  I found
mobility instructors to explain things better than friends or family.

Good luck.
Ashley