[nabs-l] Cell phone question

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 20:40:24 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I am wondering what cell phones are out there for low vision folks, and where to get them? I don't need anything that talks or has a Braille display. Essentially I just need a phone with large print buttons, and a large display screen that displays larger print.

I prefer a land line, and I really don't use my cell phone all that often, mostly just on vacation or calling a cab from campus. As such, I don't have a cell phone contract, I use a pay as you go plan. Are there any ac cessable phones that can be used with a pay as you go plan?

Does anyone have an old phone that would work for me that they no longer need or use, and that they would be willing to sell for cheap? As I said, I don't want or need anything fancy.

Thanks,
Jim

"From compromise and things half done,
Keep me with stern and stubborn pride,
And when at last the fight is won,
... Keep me still unsatisfied." --Louis Untermeyer