[nabs-l] Research Paper Help

alena roberts alena.roberts2282 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:34:52 UTC 2009

I think that my university had the same attitude, although as I got
more aquainted with disability services I think they would have found
a student to help me. I really think that help to find classes should
be offered because they change every term. I had to have a sighted
friend help me find my classes each term. I was also never provided
with a tactile map, and even if I was it would have only shown me the
buildings which would have helped, but then you have to find the room
in that building. I was a psychology major and the psych building had
no braille for the room numbers until I demanded that they be
installed. I think that college campuses fail their visually impaired
students when it comes to orienting them to the campus, especially if
it is a large campus.

--
Alena Roberts
Blog: http://www.blindgal.com/