[nabs-l] should the blind adapt to the world, or should the world adapt to us?

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Thu Jun 18 23:13:42 UTC 2009

We should adapt to the world.  Yes, there are necessary accommodations the
NFB has fought for, such as adaptive technology, books on CD, and testing
accommodations and there are commissions for the blind to provide
orientation and mobility services and Braille lessons, but, other than that,
we should adapt to the world.  We don't need things like automated traffic
signals on street corners.  They only make us not use our skills as much or,
in some cases, not learn them at all cuz some people may believe they don't
need to learn them.

Serena