[nabs-l] tv and commedy meet music of the 1950's on tomorrow's anything goes

jonathan matte jmatte28 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 12:11:39 UTC 2009

  Hi there everyone!
What does the old television series Dragnet have to do with a stan Freberg commedy clip? the answer to that question can be found out tomorrow morning on anything goes hosted by myself Jon Matte.
For those of you who have not had a chance to check out Anything goes and found out more about it Anything Goes is an online internet radio show that airs Tuesday and sometimes on Thursday mornings on Radio 360 an all new online radio station started up by my friend and station director David Dunphy.
The program is called Anything goes because it is based off of the broadway hit of the same renown title but I not only see this program as being a source of musical entertainment, but also as a venue to debate or discuss serious or thought provoking issues, review technology, books, or other products of interest, and to keep up on trends both in the news and outside of regular conventional media sources.
You can also count on some good old banter.
This week's music theme will be a continuing exploration of the hits of the 1950's as we look at music from the years 1953 through 1955 as determined by Billboard the trade publication which monitors trends inside the entertainment and music business.
As many people know the 1950's was an interesting era.
>From 1942 till about 1955 it was a very laid back and easy listening sort of era but with Rock And Roll on the rise music was about to get a face lift and be forever changed.
So if you enjoy listening to older music and learning some informative facts such as what the first official rock and roll song ever to be recorded was then I invite you to join me Jon Matte this Tuesday morning from 6 AM through the 9 o'clock hour for Anything Goes where you should never expect the unexpected because the unexpected will never occur.
To listen at 6 A. M. head on over to
www.radio360.us
and follow the options listed for listening.
There are a few alternate ways that you can tune in to the show so if one doesn't work try all of them and use which ever one works best for your listening preferences and your office/ home computer system.
During the show you can email me with questions, to say hello, or with any requests for music from 1953 through 1955 to
jmatte22 at comcast.net
or for those who are feeling extremely bold you can instant message me through aim/ AOL Instant Messenger at the screen name tvvault82
If you don't have aim it's a free software messaging client that you can download directly from aim.com
In closing I would really like to encourage folks out their to check out my show.
While I understand that not everyone is going to necessarily be a fan of 1950's music I'm looking to try and improve the amount of listeners that I get to my program by trying different things in each show to try and make it interesting while sticking with my main theme.
I look forward to seeing you all on radio 360 tomorrow morning
Have a great day!
Regards Jon Matte host of Anything Goes