[nabs-l] Broke my firsy cane

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 03:54:17 UTC 2009

Well, my first cane lasted all of two weeks. The cane got caught between a crack on the sidewalk and my hip, and the result was a cane bent beyond recognition, and then it snaped when I tried straightening it. When I got home,  I tried a makeshift splint and duct tape job, and the result probably would have been sufficient to get me home had I been forced to make such a repair enroute, but I wouldnt willingly go out with a cane in such a condition.

I would not rank Ambutech's folding aluminum cane very highly.

This sucks, I am out of a cane just when I was begining to feel comfortable with it.

Jim

"From compromise and things half done,
Keep me with stern and stubborn pride,
And when at last the fight is won,
... Keep me still unsatisfied." --Louis Untermeyer