[nabs-l] People are weird when it comes to blindness

JMassay jmassay1 at cox.net
Wed Jun 24 17:50:23 UTC 2009

Jim and all,

In many cases, not just with regard to blindness but to all disabilities ,
when people make comments about how amazing you are it is not because of
their generally low expectations but their own insecurities about how they
would handle the disability.  Until faced with such a disability people view
them as a tragedy not a different way of having to live and navigate through
the world. That being said , it seems as if people are actually saying ,
"Wow! I would never be able to do that!" Just my thoughts..

Jeannie