[nabs-l] Fwd: U.S. Department of State Opportunity!

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:57:31 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carranza, Rosy <RCarranza at nfb.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM
Subject: U.S. Department of State Opportunity!

If you are a motivated college student looking to learn more about
internship and employment opportunities through the U.S. Department of
State, then this message is for you!

The U.S. Department of State is hosting a unique mentoring opportunity
for students to learn about the variety of internship and employment
options available through their network. We are helping them identify
undergraduate or graduate students to participate in their day-long
mentoring program on Wednesday, October 21, 2009. Spots are very
limited, and interested students should email Joanne Wilson at
jwilson at nfb.org by Thursday, July 16, 2009. This event will expose
students to a variety of Department professionals with and without
disabilities, to the Department's history/mission, to careers in
civil/foreign service, and to intern, hiring, and recruitment programs
in the Department.
All participants must be U.S. citizens, full-time undergraduate or
graduate/law students with at least a 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale, and
have a targeted disability. All participants will need to arrange and
pay for their own transportation to and from the Department.  However,
lunch is expected to be provided to student participants. While the
Department's mission is one of foreign affairs, the Department's
workforce consists of thousands of employees in either the Civil Service
(CS) or in the Foreign Service (FS), and these employees' educations and
professions vary widely.   Accordingly, student participants who are
interested in or pursuing any of a variety of  studies or professions
are welcome, including but not limited to the following: Business
Management, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information
Technology/Computer Science, International Affairs/Relations, Law,
Physics, Political  Science, Psychology, Public Affairs, Public
Diplomacy, Social Work.  More information should be available off of
http://careers.state.gov.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please contact Joanne
Wilson at (410) 659-9314, ext. 2335 or via email at   jwilson at nfb.org.
You will need to send Joanne your most recent CV or resume, and a brief
(no more than one-page) statement outlining why you want to participate
in this event by Thursday, July 16. We are only able to select four
students; therefore, we will review your information, and    will
forward your materials to our contacts at the Department by July 23. You
should hear something from the Department by late August.

Good luck, and don't pass up this outstanding opportunity!

Rosy Carranza