[nabs-l] Ipod and itunes

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:42:50 UTC 2009

All versions of the shuffle are accessible.  The question is, what do
you want it to do?

The new shuffle requires "special" headphones, but is otherwise
pretty cool.  The current nano is also designed to be accessible.

Apple's iTunes software works fairly well with screen readers
nowadays, but as otherwise noted it's not the easiest program in the
world with older screen reader versions.

Anapod is still out there and for $30 gives you direct windows
explorer access to your iPod music database and is 100% accessible.

Neither the iPod touch nor iPhone are accessible at this time, and
the iPod classic could be, but isn't.

Joseph