[nabs-l] Foreign language

Jason Mandarino blind.subscriber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:03:09 UTC 2009

I am curious if any blind students have learned a second language in
college, with no previous experience of middle school or high school
courses. I am interested in learning Spanish, and would like some
suggestions on how to do this from scratch. I have contemplated the idea of
having my girlfriend take an entry course, as she is also interested, and
meanwhile auditing the course in order to get a feel of what it will be
like.

There is also the topic of Spanish Braille, and then additional resources of
tutoring and audio materials. I would love any feed back you guys might
have, and if necessary you can feel free to reply to the following address
and I can post a digest version of the responses if it gets too cluttered.

j.mandarino1 at comcast.net

Sincerely,

Mandarino