[nabs-l] Foreign language

jonte jonte711 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:40:42 UTC 2009

Hi Jason,
 You shouldn't have any difficulty with Spanish or any other romance language.
The braille is the same as in English except for the accents. These look like other grade 2 braille symbols, but it's been my experience that things brailled in a foreign language are in grade 1 braille. So, the only grade 2 symbols you should see are accented letters.
If you want to scan something in a foreign language so that you can read it on a braille notetaker, DO NOT USE A MAC.
The accented letters will appear as indecipherable symbols.

If you scan the material with a         PC, the accent marks might not alw appear, but at least you'll be able to read all the letters of every word without the irritating distraction of trdemark and copyright symbols.
Jonte