[nabs-l] cell phone suggestions

Priscilla McKinley priscilla.mckinley at gmail.com
Mon May 4 01:13:17 UTC 2009

Jessica,

Perfect timing.  I just bought a new cell phone today.  After I
checked out several phones and after my technology-minded significant
other talked to Verizon for an hour, I bought the Samsong Renound.  It
has all the capabilities you listed, and the keypad is very tactile.
I've only played around with it for about half an hour, and I already
can make calls and send text messages.

The LG NV2 is also accessible and has a mini keyboard, but the number
keypad is more difficult to navigate and is on the outside of the
phone, which means it should be kept in a case.  In addition, the
keyboard is so small that I think it would take longer to type in text
messages with it than with the number pad, at least for a blind
person.

Hope that helps.

Priscilla