[nabs-l] Disappointed

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:14:15 UTC 2009

Joseph,

I transmitted the notice to all student lists on Friday, March 13.  The
message read in part:

*I hope a representative from every state student division will submit a
proposal for this program.  If I look at the final list of applicants and
see one of you missing, I'll call you out on it publically for being lazy.
If you have questions about the program, call or write to me.*

Anyway, the opportunity has come and gone.  A good friend of mine pointed
out that perhaps student divisions were not ready to prepare and then
deliver on a grant proposal, even a watered-down program aimed at youth such
as this one.  She was not the first person to point this out, which then
makes me wonder about the real state of our student division as a whole...

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado