[nabs-l] Braille e-Book CONCEPT

Antonio Guimaraes aguimaraes at nbp.org
Mon May 4 18:10:53 UTC 2009

Is this all that you guys are all gunho about?

Due to cost and inefficiency, not many books are available in Braille
version. At the same time, translating a ordinary book into braille will
double the thickness of the book. Here comes the solution, the Braille
E-Book concept designed by Korean designers, Seon-Keun Park, Byung-Min Woo,
Sun-Hye Woo and Jin-Sun Park.

Designed for visually challenged people, the Braille E-Book  utilizes the
EAP technology that can dynamically change the surface pattern by way of an
electromagnetic signal-simulating braille text.

You want simulated braille, not the real thing? How about a Braille sense,
note, Pacmate, or other note-taker. That don't work for you?

If there is more I am missing, please post it in full, because I am missing
the point. Does the thing cost $300 or something for your simulated braille
device?

Let me know.

Curious,

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr.