[nabs-l] Braille e-Book CONCEPT Continued

Rob Lambert rmlambert1987 at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 06:42:47 UTC 2009

This is a continuation of the Braille eBook concept email. Please read that if you haven't yet. To continue from that e-mail, I think the NLS could take advantage of this and put all their Web Braille titles up here. Also people nowadays don't want to read Braille because of the expense involved with hard copy Braille and the displays and teachers don't want to take the time to learn Braille - we need to play with this technology - we could use it to create a system where a teacher could have a hard copy test word for word distributed to the student and they could read it exactly as it appears in the print version, hook up a keyboard to it, and answer the questions on the test, save the document, then send it back to the teacher for grading. This could easily be more than an eBook reader. Back in the Blazie days there was a device called the Personal Touch which was a Braille 'n Speak without the speech. This could be the same thing, if need be. It's
 primary purpose being e-books, but you could attach additional functionality with modules or something. These are just ideas, but this technology is the best thing since sliced bread, in my opinion, and we need to expand it's uses.