[nabs-l] Action Plan, Part 2

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:12:01 UTC 2009

Joe, I like the plan, but I am concerned about the question of
stipends.  I have seen within the organization claims that leadership
comes with lots of perks and that people who have the perks seem to
expect a lot out of rank and file members that they don't put forward
themselves.  I have no problem with paying board members' expenses
associated with performing their duties.  A stipend to be used at the
officers' discretion, no matter how carefully budgeted, seems to go a
little too far.

Otherwise, I see little in your plan I would want to change.  Maybe a
bit of the detail around how the organization raises money to help
support itself, but they're minor details.

And when you reconsider a run for the presidency and get elected,
I'll be happy to sit down and discuss them with you at length.
*grin*

Joseph