[nabs-l] Action Plan, Part 2

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Thu May 7 13:16:02 UTC 2009

Joe, I agree with Joseph (see, I'm learning GRIN) about the stipend issue.
Paying expenses is only right, but if we start giving folks cash, well,
we've all seen how well that has worked with the government. If people serve
because they want too, because they love the cause and have a servant's
heart, they will throw everything they can into it. If they serve because
"Hell, I get an extra $50... $100... Whatever it is, and I sure need the
money," they might not throw as much into it. Also someone will inevitably
propose that the stipend be raised. This is hard work after all! Its hard to
vote objectively when your own pocket book is involved.
	Other than that, as I've said on another list, are you going to
publish this some place? I'd like my own state division to use a good lot of
this.