[nabs-l] Blind training and its affect on a career

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 17:21:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

I was just wondering, if a blind person reaches a stage in life where blind training becomes nesicary, is that person's employer required to hold that person's job open until they return from training (similar to maternity leave or National Guard deployment)?

Next semester is my last semester of grad school. If I am going to go to a training center, the gap between grad school and "real life" would be the perfect time to do it. But like I said the other day, I just don't know if my vision is bad enough to justify VR paying for it (unless I can convince them that it will benifit my career in the long run).

Thoughts?
Jim

Homer Simpson's brain: "Use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Oh, that sounds too complicated."
 Homer's brain: "Okay, don't use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Okay, I will!"