[nabs-l] handy cap parking

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Thu May 14 17:52:13 UTC 2009

Listers:

Washington State recently held a hearing regarding this issue. Our
state legislature was trying to decide if blind people should be
allowed to get a sticker. Ordinarily, the sticker is used for those
with physical disabilities who have difficulty walking or need
whellchair access. Otherwise, the stickers are used for those with
severe health challenges such as heart disease. I personally don't
think blindness counts as a serious health challenge, and we certainly
have no trouble walking save for those of us with other disabilities. I
personally feel it's unethical to use a sticker when it's convenient
such as when it rains or when parking is bad, particularly when we
won't die in the rain and we could use the exercise. Meanwhile, someone
in a wheelchair does need that spot. Just my opinion.

Respectfully,
Jedi