[nabs-l] The blind educating the blind

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 22:55:29 UTC 2009

Hello all,
Let me preface this post by saying I am in support of blind proffessionals serving the blind community, but:

Hypothetically, let's assume that 95% of the professionals in the fields of blind education, rehabilitation, and OM were blind. Would this be a good thing? I propose that this would not be a good thing. It seems to me that such an arrangement would further serve to isolate and segregate the blind community from society as a whole.

Thoughts?

Jim

Homer Simpson's brain: "Use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Oh, that sounds too complicated."
 Homer's brain: "Okay, don't use reverse psychology."
 Homer: "Okay, I will!"