[nabs-l] The Awesome Class of 2009

Jessica Raichle jdraichle at gmail.com
Sun May 17 05:26:54 UTC 2009

Hi:
     My story may be of some interest, and definitely not very heard-of.  I
went to Carthage College and studied music.  I studied the piano and harp.
I finished in December, and have been trying to get funding to attend the
Colorado Center for the Blind.  However, that's not working out.  Plus,
things have taken a rather unexpected twist for me.
     For several years I have been considering becoming a nun or religious
sister. Many communities would not even consider me because of my blindness.
I was also under the impression that I was going to have to find work for a
while to pay off student debt. To make a long story short, I finally got in
contact with the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in Canton, Ohio.  I just
returned from a visit there, and they were so open to both me and my dog.  I
will be going there June 17.  I will also be applying for a grant that would
pay my student loans if I receive it.  The grant program is for those
entering religious life where student debt is the only thing standing in the
way. If you are interested in following my journey at all, I have a
LiveJournal page at
theblindnun.livejournal.com
     The best of luck to everybody!
Jessica