[nabs-l] The Awesome Class of 2009

lou labney at charter.net
Sun May 17 11:57:16 UTC 2009

Hi Joe, I am a non-traditional student and will walk in the fall of this
year. My major is Psychology with a miner in history. Like you I will be
going back into the class room for my masters in counseling.
Some background on how I am where I am today,after dropping out of school
when I was fourteen I raised a family then decided it was time for me to get
out of my shell of fear. Starting with an O an M instructor coming to my
home. But after a while he encouraged me to go to LCB in Ruston LA. I really
did not want to go because of the sleep shades I really really did not want
to live as a total because the fear was tremendous. If you would have ask me
why I did not want to train as a total my response would have been I can see
enough. But the fear left me after watching the blind instructors that is
how my faith in myself evolved. It took longer than I wanted to get to
graduation but I had many life problems get in the way.
Congratulations to all the students walking this year.  I am so glad you all
are not spending your lives in fear and settling for things less than you
want.
Lou
Monitor for Louisiana students list