[nabs-l] Blackboard

rachel Jacobs oceanrls at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 15:07:07 UTC 2009

Hi Kevin. My name is Rachel Jacobs, and I am a graduate student at the
University of South Florida. I use black board all the time, and it is very
easy to use with a screen reader. I use JAWS, and I've not had any problems.
Teachers post assignments, sometimes powerpoints, there is a discussion
board, student's e-mails in the class are posted under communication, and so
much more. Basically you have to sign up and have a student e-mail account.
You log in with your e-mail and password. Then you go to courses. Then pick
which ever course you want, and there will be many choices such as
assignments, course documents, discussion board, communication, and course
tools. Teachers post grades under course tools, and then my grades. I hope
this helps. Don't worry though. I was a bit nervous at first, but it really
is quite easy.
Rachel