[nabs-l] Blackboard

Christopher Kchao thisischris89 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:08:27 UTC 2009

Hi,
Blackboard is yet another teaching tool used by professors. Some examples of
how it can be used are posting materials such as links, the syllabus or
other handouts. Also, there are features such as discussion boards and it
provides a way for students to send e-mails to the professor or others in
the class. Given that your class is online, you might be delving into
features that I have yet to use.
In any case, much of blackboard is usable with screenreaders, all be it a
little bit cluttered at times. In the two years I've been using it, I have
yet to encounter any problems related to accessibility. Definitely take
advantage of your screenreader's find command to search for links like
"course documents" or "course information" among all the clutter. Hope this
helps.