[nabs-l] negative traffic

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:23:02 UTC 2009


Sarah, would you honestly like me to forward the hate and rage that 
was directed at me while I was on their list?  I've got hundreds of 
messages collected in just a few weeks.

According to the current, sitting ACB president, the NFB is not a 
consumer organization.  It is a rehabilitation agency and sales 
organization fraudulently pretending to be consumer driven.  It is on 
the wrong side of just about every issue, because being on the right 
side hurts its profits.  It should not exist, and is probably 
operating illegally.

We call that a non-starter.

Joseph


On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:30:23AM -0400, Sarah J. Blake wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> I regularly attend ACB conventions and would take exception to your  
> assertion that 3/4 of ACB traffic is negative toward anything. That is a  
> pretty negative statement in itself. I wasn't going to comment on it; bt  
> this is the kind of un-constructive comment that prevents dialogue. I see 
> a lot of NFB members emailing with the signature, "We must be the change 
> we wish to see in the world..." Why not put it into practice...? Then 
> again, maybe the division doesn't bother you. If you like it, put it in 
> positive words for us. I disagree with Arielle's points, but I 
> appreciated her positive spin on the benefits of having two organiations.
>
> In reality, whenever you put thousands of people together, many of whom 
> are over 55, there will likely be a good deal of negative energy unless 
> there is a concerted effort to build positive energy. The very nature of 
> dealing with blindness issues is that some negative energy must be dealt 
> with. Regardless of how many blindness skills we have, how many gadgets 
> we have to enable us to do xxx, or how accessible the environment is, 
> things will take longer and be more cumbersome and we will always battle 
> negative attitudes; and it is a pain in the behind. Part of what happens 
> at conventions is that people realize, "Hey, someone gets it." Part of 
> what happens is that someone will confront someone about the fact that 
> they need to grow up and stop being such a whiner because we all live 
> this. Part of what happens is that we wrangle about what on earth to 
> advocate for--and we can't agree because despite having blindness in 
> common, we all cope just a bit differently. It does create negative 
> energy, regardless of which organization a person belongs to. I suspect 
> there is negative energy in every advocacy organization in existence. In 
> fact, I took a leadership course this spring in which there were only six 
> participants. We did mock controversies; and you would be amazed at the 
> negative energy that was generated!
>
> Sarah J. Blake
> Personal email: sjblake at growingstrong.org
> http://www.growingstrong.org 
>
>
> I'm protected by SpamBrave
> http://www.spambrave.com/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> nabs-l mailing list
> nabs-l at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nabs-l:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/carter.tjoseph%40gmail.com




More information about the nabs-l mailing list