[nabs-l] negative traffic

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:51:18 UTC 2009

Briley,

You should speak up more often.  *smile*

The position comparison I suggested is essentially a way to clear the
misconceptions.  As I said, I think a debate would end in a shouting
match since even the younger generation has been subject to basic
indoctrination as to how "We" are right and "They" are totally off
base.  What do we each actually think?

That could go far toward helping the future leaders of both
organizations decide what they actually want to create in the future.
We may not always walk together, but if we all know where we're
going, I suspect we'll find that we share the road.

I don't think a delegation of Federationists approaching the ACB to
make nice-nice and show how there's no need for disagreement or
conflict is going to do that, and I'm opposed to pretending otherwise
for the sake of solidarity.  If we're going to build a bridge, it
should be composed of substance, not airy platitudes and appeasement.

I think I've more than shared my view at this point, so I'll fade
back into the background unless my suggestion goes somewhere.

Joseph