[nabs-l] introducing myself

alena roberts alena.roberts2282 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 19:15:34 UTC 2009

Howdy all,

I just joined this list so I wanted to introduce myself. Some of you
may know me because I'm also on the ACB NABS list. For those of you
that don't, my name is Alena and I live in Corvallis Oregon with my
husband and guide dog Midge. I am in a transitional state in my life
so I am not currently in school, but I hope to get my masters at some
point. I have a bachelors degree in psychology and I hope to find work
in the social services field.

Since I am unemployed and I care about this community, I have started
a blog. My blog is about my experiences as a blind 20 something and
other news that I find important happening in our community. I
encourage everyone to read my blog and give me feedback. You can find
it at this link.

http://www.blindgal.com

I also am a knitter and I just finished teaching my first beginner
knitting class. It was really fun.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and I look forward to being a part
of the list.

--
Alena Roberts
Blog: http://www.blindgal.com/