[nabs-l] Ending the NFB/ACB feud

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:21:39 UTC 2009

Aziza,

And what, pray tell, do you expect of the ACB's students?  You talk a
great deal about what concessions you ask--no, expect--the NFB to
make.  What concessions do you expect of the ACB?  I've not seen any.

I'd be open to a discussion of the sort you suggest if the ACB is
willing to take a stand against things like making unsubstantiated
accusations that the Federation leadership are guilty of fraud and
embezzlement on their lists.  They have previously said that such
accusations are topical and appropriate to acb-l, and that they will
not challenge members' right to post such allegations nor require
that they be accompanied by proof.

If you can actually get the ACB leadership to take a stand against
that kind of thing, you'll have gotten something I never could, and
maybe real cooperation is possible.  I couldn't even get Mitch to
agree in principle that such baseless accusations were harmful.

Maybe things have changed in the past year or so.  I'm not holding my
breath, though.

Joseph