[nabs-l] Ending the NFB/ACB feud

Antonio M. Guimaraes iamantonio at cox.net
Fri May 22 00:06:37 UTC 2009

Jordan,

One big organization for the blind is something beyond our dreams. It
doesn't seam plausable because of the differences in philosophy. This is
true not only from the NFB point of view, but also from an ACB standpoint.

This thread was started on the ACB NABS list by I believe patric, and there,
I suggested the two NABS groups put their heads together after convention is
over, and both groups have a newly ellected board.

The two boards should talk under somewhat moderated formats to go over what
it is we can agree on, and what it is we will just agree to disagree.

Who knows, this could fall apart like the merchant merger attempt did, but
this need not, and should not be any merger. In other words, we should talk
and be civil like democrats and republicans are civil to each other, and
that will, believe it or not, be an improvement. Them politicians are only
separated by an aisle, and we are separated by more than that--including
some bickering, and lots of attacks.

Where ever there is common ground, methinks we aught to join efforts. And
when the camp reaches points of contention, we should be adults about it.

Antonio Guimaraes

If an infinite number of rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup
trucks fire an infinite number of shotgun rounds at an infinite number of
highway signs, they will eventually produce all the world's great literary
works in Braille.

Shop online and support the NFB of RI at no additional cost to you.
http://www.givebackamerica.com/charity.php?b=169
Givebackamerica.org, America's Online Charity Shopping Mall