[nabs-l] Ending the NFB/ACB feud

Dave Wright gymnastdave at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 18:21:00 UTC 2009

Good afternoon all,
While I've really enjoyed reading all of these messages about finding a way
to set aside the differences of both organizations in order to find a common
ground on the student level, I'm wondering whether or not if any of the
proponents of this idea have taken an active role of setting up a meetting
involving students of both organizations on a local level. Since I believe
that students should have a choice when it comes to advocacy, I don't mind
that there are more than one organization advocating for the rights of blind
students. I know how easy it is to talk the talk, but walking the walk and
being an active proponent for change is much harder. While the thought of
national change is perhaps an idealistic view, lets try first dealing with
local change. I know this discussion has leaked over to the ACB listServe
and believe both sides have positive feedback to offer.
Just my thoughts.

Best Regards:
Dave Wright
Work Phone: 651-636-5184 X803