[nabs-l] A Soul-Searching Exercise

Sarah J. Blake sarah at growingstrong.org
Fri May 22 23:00:12 UTC 2009

A thought... When one cannot record a meeting professionally, it can always
be done with an Olympus digital recorder. They can be bought for as little
as $150 and do a fair job of capturing live events. In fact, they capture
them in stereo and give the listener the perspective of being present. I use
one to record most of my presentations and have been doing so for about two
years now. They have three sensitivity settings which can be used depending
on the size of the room you are in--normally the middle setting works well
for medium-size college classrooms or lecture halls. When recording is done,
the machine can be connected directly to a computer for download.

The new ones are more expensive and more suited to professional recording. I
have one of these now due to my frequent teaching and speaking, and I will
be glad to post the results of my use at large events this summer--I am
slated to speak at both a national church conference and the ACB convention
and will also be teaching in a classroom capable of seating 50 students. I
will be experimenting with various settings to see exactly what this teeny
little treasure can due.

Sarah J. Blake
Personal email: sjblake at growingstrong.org
http://www.growingstrong.org