[nabs-l] Recording NABS meeting

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 24 04:21:20 UTC 2009

Hello Christopher and listers,

    Why not both. If you can find someone willing to video the meeting and
activities software exists that can extract the audio from the video
recording.  This can be saved as an MP3 file allowing an audio-only version
to be offered to those not wanting to view the video. The "Straight Talk
About Vision Loss Series" is done that way. Each video episode has an
audio-only version. I know because I created some of them for the older
episodes in this series. Sound Forge and I'm sure other digital-audio
editing programs have this capability giving site visitors the best of both
Worlds.

    The other consideration is having enough disk space on the server to
store these files. Video files are quite large running in to the hundreds of
megs. Audio only files are much smaller. If you wish to offer lots of video
and audio content on your Web site you need lots of disk space and band
with.

Peter Donahue

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] Recording NABS meeting

You don't have to do a video recording. Sounds like all you need is an audio
recording.