[nabs-l] Exclusion of blind persons with secondary disabilities

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 23:35:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It's understandable that the program might want to be sure its
participants don't have severe medical conditions requiring
intervention, but there is a problem with the generalization that all
blind people with secondary disabilities need not apply. Usually
discrimination is problematic when it excludes an entire class of
people rather than allowing for case-by-case decisions to be made. If
any of you are interested in this program, I'd encourage you to
investigate this policy further.

Arielle