[nabs-l] learning independent living

Christina Mitchell cnaylor073 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 00:54:10 UTC 2009

I never got a letter saying I was incapable, however I did go to a
center where they would graduate you too fast.  What I mean is say if
you still need additional help on cooking for instance, they would
assume you're ready to graduate the program when you're not ready to
graduate.  They told me that if I needed additional help, I could get
an instructor to come to my house and show me things but I've recently
had a problem with an A d l instructor whom I wish not to mention any
names, and have wanted to go back to the centers but they say I'm too
old and have graduated.  I feel they're just doing this to cut back on
the number of students they get a year, throw out the old ones and
welcome in the new ones.  I don't feel this is right.  If a student
feels he or she needs additional help with A D L, they should be
always welcome to come back.

--
Christina