[nabs-l] Mac Accessibility

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:35:09 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Forgive the cross post.  I need information from former PC users who are now
using the Mac environment as their primary operating system.  My questions:

1. How steep is the learning curve moving from Mac to PC?

2. Is Firefox available to the Mac environment, and are there any
limitations to the browser in this environment?

3. What general limitations have you discovered using Mac moving from the
PC?

4. Is Voice Over built into the Mac system.  If not, how much is it, and
where is it found?

5. How often is the screen reader for the Mac OS updated?  How comparable is
Voice Over to JAWS?  What kind of speech does Voice Over use?

6. How easy is it to exchange documents between PC and Mac machines?

I hope someone can help me address some or all of these points.  I've picked
up an organization who insists on using Mac computers.  I would rather stick
to the PC.  I'm not impressed with JAWS a lot of times, but it's what I
know.  That said, I have a Mac laptop headed to me, and I suppose I had
better learn how to adopt to the new environment real quick-like.  I would
appreciate any and all advice you can provide.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joe Orozco

database 4109 (20090527) __________